Scope of Position:
The Customs Compliance Specialist will be part of a Global Onsite Team supporting
one of Expeditors High Tech customers within an import/export operation.
The Customs Compliance Specialist will be accountable for meeting all major duties
and responsibilities outlined below in a timely and responsive manner, as directed by the Local Onsite
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Your daily operational tasks will be:
- Manages customs compliance requests via customer's proprietary ticketing system
- Ensure smooth and timely export/import process flow
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions and customs related matters
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Standard Work Instructions (SWI), external government regulations and
customer policies /requirements.
- Commercial Invoice, shipping documents review and approval.
- Maintain and further regional matter expertise
- Actively engaged in advanced planning deployments
- Responsible for daily tracking of operational metrics
- Attention to detail and elevates matters with sense of urgency for timely resolution
- Requires good communication skills in a collaborative environment
- Provides ongoing status updates to the local management
- Identifies gaps and improvement opportunities for process enhancements
- Provides information and recommendations to improve operational processes
- Responds to customer’s requests timely
What is required from you?
- 1-3 years related experience in import or export operations preferred
- Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport.
- Good knowledge of incoterms
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively
communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Proactive, strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, email and various PC based software
What do we offer?
We hire for attitude and train for skill.
- Own personalized Development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- Career opportunities/path within the company (local, regional and globally).
- 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- Attractive pension plan.
- Option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- As a part of our hiring process, you must successfully complete a background check (VOG)