Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams.
Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light join us to #findyourmeaning Signify!
This role is part of Group Accounting and Reporting (GAR) team responsible for a global team of Finance. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving the GAR team, so aspiring for finance must be in your DNA.
Together we can
The GAR team within ARIC is the leading group in Signify with regards to accounting policies and keeping these policies up to date, preparing and analyzing consolidated financial statements.
Consequently, as intern you will contribute to the accounting knowledge of our organization.
The activities of the team are :
1. Develop and maintain Siginify Accounting Policies and Directives. The purpose is to maintain an efficient and easy to apply framework of accounting principles that allows Philip Lightings to :
Ensure Signify Accounting Policies and Directives comply with IFRS
Meet external reporting requirements in an efficient and timely fashion,
Have necessary information for internal decision making and performance management available, and
Respond to changing information needs both inside the company and in the global financial markets.
2. Monitor and support uniform interpretation and application of Signify Accounting Principles to ensure consistency in internal and external reporting and to safeguard Philips interests in case of reviews by regulatory agencies.
3. Preparing and reviewing the financial statements in the Signify Annual Report and other financial statements such as quarterly press releases.
4. Provide support to Management, Business Groups and Group Staff departments in the application of Signify Accounting Principles and provide advice on the developments in external accounting standards and their relevance for Signify.
Consult with external auditors and regulators on the implementation and interpretation of new accounting standards. Advise on reporting issues and accounting standards in due diligence, post-
merger integration, disentanglements, impairment-reviews etc.
5. Participate and / or provide training courses for finance staff on complex accounting issues and new policies and directives.
You will get a unique overview on the way of working within the Group Center of Signify. You will be part of the GAR team.
Someone who is currently studying towards a Master in Accounting (basic training in IFRS is part of your education)
We expect from you also to have :
Fluency in oral and written English
Some experience in previous internships regarding the same field (preferred but not required)
Excellent knowledge in windows applications, and most important well developed power point skills
Team player mindset with ability to work under pressure
Join the world leader in lighting. Help shape the narrative around lighting for the Internet of Things, and work with us to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
o EU / EER students : In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
o Non-EU students in Dutch Universities : You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement.
The internship needs to be a compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to have a letter from the university in which it states that your internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals are and what tasks you will undertake during your internship.
The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
o Non-EU students in non-Dutch Universities : You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be a compulsory part of your studies.
Also, you need to be able to get the official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.